This particular position is for enthusiastic writing professional that thrives in creating great content for emails, e-newsletters, blogs, publications, press releases, public relations, technical articles, marketing materials, and content for syndication.
With five e-commerce brands, a new managed-service digital marketing brand, and lots of aspirations for continued growth, we have a lot to write about. We are looking for fantastically inspired individuals that love to write about environmental concepts; work/life balance; the value of local / small businesses; digital marketing initiatives; and highly technical things like software and hardware platforms.
Are you the techy software, environmental, local is better, fighting for jobs, supporting small businesses, good for families, digital marketer type? If you aren’t all of those in one package, that’s okay, too. It is the creative, imaginative, artistic, inventive, and might I actually say ingenious storyteller and writer, that we value the most. If this sounds like you, then, this is totally your gig!
As with any concept, we are looking for those that can masterfully take the topic, even very technical concepts, and write them in everyday language into these very short stories that the average Joe really connects to, understands, enjoys reading and feels like they really learned something of value when they are through.
Our ideal candidates are those that draw people in with the article title, past the first sub-heading, finds fantastic supporting pictures, and then on through to the story – a story that is compelling, that connects to their heart and soul, that takes these great topics and gets the reader to say – “Yeah, wow, I totally get that! Hey, [Friend’s Name] – you gotta read this!” …and this is how we measure success here – time on the page, number of shares, how many backlinks the articles have, what percent follow the call-to-action from the article (if there is one), and how far it is syndicated through partner channels, social media, and even through the traditional press.
And just so you know (if you didn’t figure it out yet), the businesses that we develop here at IceFrog keep getting higher and higher on the scale of doing good – things that you can be passionate about – so, if what drives your heart is what drives your pen (or keyboard), then please contact us to learn more!
We are looking for both full-time and contract-per-article positions. Whatever you are interested in, please write us! (hint… hint… so we can see how you write) ..and be sure to send us links to your portfolio and prior works, what type of working arrangement you prefer, and what your salary requirements are.
Otherwise, here is the industry standard elements of a job posting:
Copywriter and Content Marketing Specialist
The role of the content marketing specialist will be to research, write, and develop engaging and relevant content across multiple communication channels and social platforms. They will assist in the development and execution of an overall content strategy while producing high-quality short, medium and long-form copy that incorporates best practices for digital use.
- 3-5 years of experience as a writer, public relations professional, marketing communications specialist, journalist/editor, blog writer, or social media experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in creative writing, journalism, communications, public relations or marketing.
- A passion for writing and a journalistic approach to story ideation and creation.
- Have a general understanding of marketing fundamentals and strategies.
- Understand the fundamentals of conducting research and interviews.
- Have a thirst for knowledge and be comfortable working with unfamiliar industries and audiences.
- Proficient knowledge of content marketing practices, tactics and strategies.
- Extensive experience with copywriting and editing for marketing campaigns.
- A basic understanding and experience using WordPress or other CMS.
- Google Analytics experience related to content engagement metrics
- A working knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- A strong understanding of popular social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
- Evaluates the success of content through use of Google Analytics and presents insights to the marketing team.
- Understanding of SEO and keyword optimization.
- Strong editorial and proofreading experience with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to multi-task and solve problems.
- Capable of working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Highly organized.
The Good Stuff:
- A generous market salary and full benefits package is provided to all team members.
- Educational opportunities will be available and encouraged.
- Family-Friendly workplace
- Work from home, on-site, or remotely — We work with you to manage all of our personal responsibilities.